Meeting Location & Time: 26 Stationsplein, Amsterdam, NH- The Netherlands
Date: Saturday, October 11, 2014
Time: 12:00pm - 03:00pm
Location Details: In front of the main entrance of Amsterdam central station.
After the walk: meet at: The Nordermarkt organic farmers market to have snacks/drinks.
You are welcome to join us for this fantastic tour of Amsterdam where we will visit four of the most iconic markets the city has to offer (Nieumarkt, Waterlooplein Markt, Bloemenmarkt and finishing at the Nordermarkt). The total distance of the walk will be around 4.5KM and should normally take 2 hours to finish. I have nevertheless allocated 3 hours just in case.
- We’ll meet in Front of the main entrance of Amsterdam Central Station.
- From CS we will walk through the small streets of China Town (Zeedijk) towards the “newmarkt” Market.
- From Nieuwmarkt we will head towards Waterlooplein, where we will get the chance to shoot at the local flea market.
- Crossing the bridge from Waterlooplein, we will head towards the “Bloemenmarkt” (the Floating Flower Market) passing by Rembrandtplein.
- From the “Bloemenmarkt” we will head towards the NorderMarkt through the “Spuistraat” which has many interesting buildings and street art to offer. Feel free to follow any of the parallel canals instead as they will all lead to the same destination.
- At 3PM we should all gather at the Nordermarkt to have snacks and drinks and talk about all the great photo opportunities we had.
You are also encouraged to share about this event on social media before/during the photowalk.
Once you are home and rested, please also share your photos on our local Flickr page and on the Worldwide Flick group Looking forward to meeting you and seeing all the awesome photos we will collectively take. if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.